Alix was originally named Toddsville after Joseph Todd who first came to the area in the spring of 1900 from Michigan, USA. The original quarter which the Todd’s homesteaded eventually became the site of the Village of Alix.
The Village of Alix was officially incorporated on June 3rd, 1907. As the C.P.R. was established in the area, the President of the C.P.R. Sir William Van Horne changed the name to Alix after the first white woman settler in the area: Mrs. Alexia Westhead.
Recreation abounds in the Village and surrounding area. Sports and fitness enthusiasts enjoy the Arena, Curling Rink, Agricultural Grounds Ball Diamonds, Gymkhana Arena, English Riding Circuit and Jumping, a 9 hole, grass green Golf Course and a 6 km Hiking Trail around Alberta’s best kept secret, Alix Lake.